It’s true. The internet doesn’t need another banana bread recipe. But in case you need one, use this one.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 overly ripe bananas
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Line with a strip of parchment paper and spray, if desired.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and well combined. Pour into the flour mixture.
- In the same medium bowl, add bananas. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth with few chunks remaining. Add to the flour mixture. Mix all ingredients together on medium speed until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
- You can add in all sort of mix-ins. Chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, peanut butter chips, walnuts, pecans, toffee bits. Really anything goes. Use 1 cup total of mix-ins per loaf.
- Category: breads
- Method: baking
Keywords: bread, quick bread, banana, banana bread