Here’s a new way to use your sourdough starter: sourdough snickerdoodle cookies! Soft, cakey inside while crisp on the outside. A perfect cookie! Don’t toss that sourdough discard after feeding. Save it and try these.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sourdough starter discard
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Whisk together well and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and mix until smooth. Add sugar and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sourdough discard and vanilla extract. Mix well, being sure to scrape the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add flour mixture and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Set the mixing bowl aside and cover with a towel. Allow to rest for 30 minutes to an hour. Once the dough is rested, set the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar with the cinnamon. Whisk together. Shape the cookie dough into 1/4 cup balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar. Set onto a baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking