A bowl of "stuff", the best kind of meal! Spicy shrimp, rich curry sauce and rice noodles. A meal that will keep you coming back.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 15 ounce cans coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 ounces somen noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add vegetable oil. Once the oil is heated, add shrimp. Saute until shrimp is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- In the pan, add shallot, ginger and salt. Saute until shallot is softened, about 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Pour in coconut milk and honey. Whisk well to combine and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Once sauce is thickened, remove from heat and add lime juice, cooked noodles, cabbage, carrots, peppers and cooked shrimp. Mix well to combine. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: Curry, noodles, shrimp