- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Set over to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Whisk well and set aside. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and mix on medium speed until light in color and smooth, about 1 minutes. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until well-combined, being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Stir in flour and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough out onto the prepared baking sheet into 2-inch balls, about 12 total. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Once cookies are cooled, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Mix with a handmixer until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and maple syrup and continue to mix until combined. Spread frosting on cooled cookies and sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert