Here’s Nadiya Hussain’s teriyaki chicken noodles as featured on “Nadiya Bakes” on Netflix! This includes U.S. measurements!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 vermicelli noodle bundles
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Pour boiling water over the top and mix until sugar is dissolved. Pour marinade into a 9×13 inch pan. Add the chicken thighs in a single layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the plastic from the 9×13 inch pan and place it in the oven. Bake the chicken in the marinade for 30 minutes, or until an inserted thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the oven and transfer all the chicken to a plate or bowl. Add the hot water and the vermicelli noodle bundles. Place the chicken thighs on top of the noodles. Bake for another 10 minutes, until the noodles are softened. If the noodles are still dry, add an additional 1/2 cup of hot water and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the chicken and noodles with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Category: bakes and casseroles
- Method: baking
Keywords: teriyaki, chicken, noodles, one-pan meal, bakes,