Meatball stroganoff gives you creamy comfort you're looking for. Mushrooms, shallots, whole grain mustard & cream. Pile it on egg noodles & you're golden!
- 24 ounce package homestyle frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 8 ounce packages white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Open the bag of meatballs and put it in the microwave. Microwave the meatballs in the bag for 3 minutes, just until the meatballs are thawed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once the butter is melted, add the shallots, salt and pepper. Saute until shallots are softened, about 10 minutes. Turn heat up to medium high and add mushrooms, garlic and rosemary. Saute until mushrooms are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add flour and saute until the flour is cooked and the smell of flour is gone, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth, sour cream, heavy cream, mustard and parsley. Stir until well combined and the mixture begins to thicken. Add meatballs and simmer for a few minutes until the meatballs are warmed through. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve meatball stroganoff over cooked egg noodles.
- Category: 30 Minute Meals, Comfort Food, Dinner