Key lime pie is the happiest sweet and tart treat A summertime delight! Bright flavors, easy ingredients and loads of fresh whipped cream!
For the crust
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
For the filling
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 2 limes, zested
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well, using a fork to break up the melted butter. Pour into a 9 inch pie pan. Using a dry measuring cup, press the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and key lime juice. Using a hand mixer, mix on medium speed until well-combined and smooth. Using a rubber scraper, fold in lime zest.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Bake for 15 minutes, until slightly firm. Cool for a few minutes and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, prepare the whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl, add whipped cream and powdered sugar. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until thickened, then increase the speed to high. Mix until whipped cream is stiff and holds shape. Spread whipped cream over the pie or pipe on top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert