Grilling brings out the best in any food. Grilled corn salad with avocado & basil is summertime grilled glory. Pair with a tangy dressing & you're golden!
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 red onion, sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Set grill to medium-high heat. Once the grill is heated, add corn cobs, onion rounds and bread slices. Grill on both sides, until grill marks appear. The bread will be done before the onions and corn. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, but the bread into bite-sized pieces and add to a medium bowl. Cut the corn off the cob and roughly chop the red onions. Add to the bowl. Add the avocado, basil, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently fold to combine all ingredients. Serve immediately.
- If not serving immediately, separate the bread into a separate bowl and the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper into a jar. Combine when ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: Grilled, salad, Vegetarian