Cream cheese pound cake is the ideal blank canvas for all kinds of desserts. No matter the season, you have an easy dessert with this cake.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and cream cheese and mix until creamy and well combined. Add sugar and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Mix in vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix well, being sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for doneness by inserted a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it is ready. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: Cake, Dessert
Keywords: cake, dessert, pound cake