Change up the salad routine of chopped romaine or mixed baby greens. A wedge salad will surprise everyone! This chipotle wedge salad has an irresistible creamy dressing that you will want to pour over everything.
For the dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tomatillos, husked and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, split open and seeds scraped out
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
For the salad
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10.5 ounce carton grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 4 ounce package tortilla strips
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- In a blender, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, tomatillos, jalapeno, green onion, garlic, chipotle chile, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth. Add the cilantro and pulse until the cilantro is finely chopped but not completely pureed. Pour into a squeeze bottle or a bowl and set aside.
- To prepare each wedge, add a scoop of corn, black beans, a few grape tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, tortilla strips and a sprinkling of queso fresco. Serve with dressing drizzled on top.