This broccoli and kielbasa sausage rice skillet can be made with ingredients from your freezer. It’s a great way to use stuff that might get forgotten about in the back of the chill chest!
- 1 14 ounce package kielbasa sausage, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into smaller florets
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- ¾ cup canned tomato sauce
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add sausage. Saute until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate, leaving any rendered fat in the pan and set aside. In the same skillet, add butter. Once the butter is melted, add onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper and oregano. Saute until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and chicken stock and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Add rice, tomato sauce and sausage and turn off heat. Stir to combine well. Garnish with green onion and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Pork
Keywords: broccoli, skillet dinner, kielbasa sausage