Breakfast brownies are a healthier version of your favorite treat. Whole wheat flour, bran cereal & pecans help give you energy for your day!
- ⅓ cup bran cereal
- ¼ cup milk or juice
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, sifted if clumped together
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×8 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside. In a small bowl, add bran cereal and milk/juice. Stir together and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and mix well, being sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper. Add cocoa powder, flour and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in soaked bran cereal, pecans and mini chocolate chips. Mix until well-combined. Transfer brownie batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast