- 4 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, about 3 cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro and green onions, for serving
- Set over to 400 degrees F. Using the bottom of a springform pan, cut the tortillas to the size of the pan using a paring knife. Discard extra pieces of tortilla.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Saute until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Add black beans, corn and chicken stock and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until the moisture has evaporated. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spray the springform pan with non-stick spray. Lay one tortilla on the bottom of the pan. Spread ¼ of the black bean mixture on top and then ½ cup cheese. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and end with black bean mixture and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted and lightly browned. Remove springform from around the pan and slice tortilla pie into slices to serve. Top with chopped cilantro an green onion.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, vegetarian