A cool, sweet easy treat. Almond raspberry poke cake is light and moist, topped with fresh whipped cream. A perfect summer treat!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 3 ounce box raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 6 ounce box fresh raspberries
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add butter and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time, mixing until each egg is well incorporated. Add almond extract.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk in two additions. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 1 hours.
- Once the cake is cooled, prepare the gelatin according to the package directions. Using the end of a wooden spoon or a chop stick, poke holes all over the cake. Pour the prepared gelatin over the cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the heavy cream and powdered sugar. Mix on medium speed until the cream is thickened and holds soft peaks. Spread over the cake and garnish with almonds and fresh raspberries.
- When it comes to poking holes in the cake, don’t be shy. The more the merrier. When I make this, I poke about 40 holes in the cake.
- Category: cakes
- Method: baking
Keywords: sheet cake, cake, almond, raspberry, whipped cream